SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software

Development Forums for Programmer, Administrators and Users

Development resources, articles, tutorials, samples, codes and tools for .Net, SQL Server, Windows, Windows Phone, SAP and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

MiniWas installation - Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND Ins_SetupServicePorts 2 1122

Last post 04-22-2009, 7:46 AM by eralper. 1 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  04-22-2009, 7:32 AM 9180

MiniWas installation - Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND Ins_SetupServicePorts 2 1122

Hello,

I'm getting the folloıwing error while I'm trying to install the MiniWas 6.02.

Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND Ins_SetupServicePorts 2 1122

Here is more detail on the above error :

Info: InstController MakeStepsDeliver 2 1122
    Creating the Service Entry for the Message Server
    Info: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND IaServicePortAppend 2 1122
    Checking service name sapmsBSP, protocol tcp, port number 3600 ...
    Info: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND IaServicePortAppend 2 1122
    Service name is not known for port number 3600 and protocol tcp
    Warning: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND IaServicePortAppend 2 1122
    Port number 3600 is known and the service name sapmsBSP is different from the existing service name sapmsAP1.
    Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND Ins_SetupServicePorts 2 1122
    The service entry (sapmsBSP, 3600, tcp) could not be created. See the log file for detailed information.
    Possible cause:
    - the service information is under administration of Network Information Service
    - the service name/port number is already occupied by an other entry
    - permission denied (in standard case only the operating system administrator is allowed to add entries)
    For error localization you can do the following:
    - be sure starting the program as operating system administrator
    - check if NIS is in use for service entries
    - scan the service entry file for occupied service name/port number
    Possible solutions:
    - turn off NIS for local installation of the service entries
    - add the service entry manually
    Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND InstallationDo 2 1122
    Phase failed.
    Error: Main {} 2 1122
    Installation aborted.

•  04-22-2009, 7:46 AM 9181 in reply to 9180

Re: MiniWas installation - Error: R3MESSAGEPORT_IND_IND Ins_SetupServicePorts 2 1122

OK, I have found the solution.

I thought that some application is blocking the port 3600 and also checked the Windows Firewall and added an exception for port 3600 :)
    Perhaps that may help me if I want to connect from remote. OK anyway. This is not the solution.

Actually the error has also the solution clues with itself.
    The service entry (sapmsBSP, 3600, tcp) could not be created. See the log file for detailed information
    the service name/port number is already occupied by an other entry

When I checked the installation documentation for MiniWas 6.02 I found the following line :
    The file C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows 2000) or C:\Windows\system\32\drivers\etc\services (Windows XP) must not include an entry for port 3600

I thought that any program that I installed is not blocking the port 3600.
    But when I opened the services file at system folder C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc I see that my company has already added many entries for 3600 port.
    For the sake of installing MiniWas 6.02 I commented those entries and tried once more.

So check C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services file for port number 3600 entries first :)

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems