SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software

Development Forums for Programmer, Administrators and Users

Development resources, articles, tutorials, code samples and tools and downloads for ASP.Net, SQL Server, R Script, Windows, Windows Phone, AWS, SAP HANA and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

Last post 11-14-2007, 4:33 PM by eralper. 1 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  11-14-2007, 4:11 PM 697

This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

Hello all,

I have built my ASP.NET Web site in Visual Studio 2008 (aka Orcas) and deployed it to the test server by using the Publish Web Site wizard of the VS2008 IDE.

When I browsed the web site application on the test server, I got the following message from any of the web pages I requested from the IIS.

"This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!"

I know that this message is placed by the Publish Web Site tool in any of the .aspx pages and there exists nothing else in the precompiled web pages.

I'm looking for what may caused this message to appear on the web pages.

Thanks.

•  11-14-2007, 4:33 PM 698 in reply to 697

Re: This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!

Hello,

I have find the reason why the message in the .aspx pages is displayed when the web pages are requested.

"This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!"

The reason is PrecompiledApp.Config file is missing in the target deployed folder.

The reason why the PrecompiledApp.Config is missing is I have zipped the contents of the Published Web site and then copied to the test server. But before copying the zip file, I have deleted some files within the .zip file and PrecompiledApp.Config file is one of them. I just wanted to prevent copying the web.config files in the folders to the target web site folder.

PrecompiledApp.Config xml configuration file consists of just one line of XML code :

<precompiledApp version="2" updatable="false"/>

I copied this file to the root folder of the web site application or to the virtual directory of the web application on the target IIS server and the problem is solved.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2019 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems