SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software

Development Forums for Programmer, Administrators and Users

Development resources, articles, tutorials, code samples and tools and downloads for ASP.Net, SQL Server, R Script, Windows, Windows Phone, AWS, SAP HANA and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

Outlook fails to launch web browser when links are clicked in HTML formatted emails

Last post 10-11-2018, 12:26 PM by eralper. 0 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  10-11-2018, 12:26 PM 52150

Outlook fails to launch web browser when links are clicked in HTML formatted emails

I had recently started to experience error in Microsoft Outlook when I click a link in a HTML formatted email.

After I solved the issue with the help of a colleague, I realized that after I uninstalled Maxthon web browser, the default value of registry key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \.html" was Max5.Association.HTML where it was expected to be htmlfile

Updating the registry key default value solved my problem.

Before this solution, I tried to set different web browsers as default application but did not help
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2019 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems