SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software

Kodyaz Development Forums for Programmer, Administrators and Users

Development resources, articles, tutorials, samples, codes and tools for .Net, SQL Server, Windows, Windows Phone, SAP and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

What is the MIME type for .msg Microsoft Outlook Message files?

Last post 08-12-2012, 8:35 PM by trisha421. 3 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  01-14-2008, 10:38 AM 774

What is the MIME type for .msg Microsoft Outlook Message files?

Hi all,

We are developing an ASP.NET web site application using VB.NET, and web clients are using a file upload functionality yo upload files, images or documents to a upload root folder on the web server IIS 6.0

We have arrenged MIME types for common file type extension used during upload files.

Clients can upload .msg file extension files which are the Micosoft Outlook Items or outlook messages. But when the users try to download .msg files which were uploaded earlier to the IIS web server, the web response is a 404 error message.

What MIME type can be used for .msg file extensions?
    Thanks.
  •  01-14-2008, 4:03 PM 775 in reply to 774

Re: What is the MIME type for .msg Microsoft Outlook Message files?

Hi,

I have found the MIME type for the .msg Microsoft Outlook messages.

In the IIS 6.0 management console I added the MIME type application/vnd.ms-outlook with .msg extension as shown in the below screenshot.

After I have recycled the application pool, the .msg files are successfully served and the clients were successfull to open the Outlook mails using the Outlook application.

application/vnd.ms-outlook mime type
  •  01-14-2008, 4:33 PM 776 in reply to 775

Hi all,

I have added some of the MIME types and file extensions mappings to the following guide named What is MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions)?
  •  08-12-2012, 8:35 PM 34347 in reply to 776

thanks alot
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems