SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software

Development Forums for Programmer, Administrators and Users

Development resources, articles, tutorials, samples, codes and tools for .Net, SQL Server, Windows, Windows Phone, SAP and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uninstall_plugin() (previously declared in /home/content/

Last post 03-20-2010, 9:57 AM by eralper. 1 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  03-20-2010, 9:45 AM 20911

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uninstall_plugin() (previously declared in /home/content/

Hello all,

I have build a web site using WordPress weblog application.

After I tried to upgrade my Word Press application, when I clicked installed Plugins menu item I got the following error message.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uninstall_plugin() (previously declared in /home/content/d/a/r/username/html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:552) in /home/content/d/a/r/username/html/wp-content/plugins/pluginstaller/uninstall.php on line 14

Thanks for any help.

•  03-20-2010, 9:57 AM 20912 in reply to 20911

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uninstall_plugin() (previously declared in /home/content/

Hello,
    I found the solution.

Since with the new Word Press upgrade, the Word Press plugin PlugInstaller is not required any more.
    So we can remove this WordPress plugin and get rid of the error.

So, if you have (probably you have if you have a shared hosting plan) FTP account, using your ftp account connect to your web hosting server and browse the Word Press directory

/wp-content/plugins/

Then delete the folder pluginstaller which contains the PlugInstaller Word Press plugin.

Then you will see that the Plugings DashBoard menu is working without an error.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems