SQL Server administration and T-SQL development, Web Programming with ASP.NET, HTML5 and Javascript, Windows Phone 8 app development, SAP Smartforms and ABAP Programming, Windows 7, Visual Studio and MS Office software Kodyaz Development Resources
Development resources, articles, tutorials, samples, codes and tools for .Net, SQL Server, Windows, Windows Phone, SAP and ABAP, like SAP UI5, Screen Personas, etc.

The ordinal 14 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

Last post 06-10-2008, 5:20 AM by eralper. 1 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  05-28-2008, 9:29 AM 1623

Hello,
    While my computer is starting I run the explorer.exe from the Task Manager.
    When I call explorer.exe the following error messages are displayed on the screen.

and then

The ordinal 13 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

I searched the web for the problem and this is actually related with IE7 (Internet Explorer 7) installation.

I'm trying to reinstall the IE7, any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Eralper
  •  06-10-2008, 5:20 AM 1929 in reply to 1623

Re: The ordinal 14 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

Hello all,

The application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found.
    The ordinal 13 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

Those error messages has made my whole day a suffering problem. But at last I was successfully repair the error on my computer :)

I have solved my problem by replacing the iertutil.dll file and installing a new version of internet explorer IE 8 Beta 1 for Developers.

Actually, replacing the iertutil.dll file with a newer one was not an easy task. In fact the system32 system folder did not contain a iertutil.dll file at that time when the error has occured.

I guess this error has occured because of a misinstallation configuration in my company using NetInstall automatic installation scripts.

Any way, since I could not open or run the explorer.exe from the task manager, I tried to run the firefox.exe and succedded in calling the firefox.exe from task manager. File > New Task (Run ...) and then type firefox.exe and run.

Isn't it ironic that IE (Internet Explorer) needs the help of its rival Firefox in the browser wars to repair itself :)

Ok, after Firefox runs and opens, type c: in the url address bar and list the contents of the folder. Then I go to system32 folder under the Windows installation directory. I copied here the iertutil.dll file which I have copied from my other computer. You can also download iertutil.dll file from internet and point to system32 folder as the destination file. I had made configuration changes in the default download folder of the Firefox and pointed to the system32 folder.

I had a similar copy paste process for IESetting.dll file. It was not found I think it was deleted somehow from the system32 folder.

You can find these files and download them from web address http://www.dll-files.com

By the way, I was always rebooting the computer how the changes are affecting the system.

Any way, later the explorer.exe begin working successfully, I tried to repair, uninstall and re-install the Internet Explorer 7 which was running on my computer. But I could not manage and chosed installing the Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 for Developers edition.

You can find its download link from Windows Internet Explorer 8 product page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/ie8/default.mspx

I wish you a good and quick solution for your system.
    I hope you find this post helpful,
    Eralper

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Eralper YILMAZ. All rights reserved.
Community Server by Telligent Systems